Britney Spears isn’t letting a few "horrible" relationships stand in the way of her happily ever after!
The pop princess confessed she still believes in “cheesy” fairytale love, during an interview with Australian radio show Rove and Sam on Hit 104.1.“Unfortunately, I am [a hopeless romantic],” the 34-year-old “Make Me" singer told the hosts before breaking into giggles. “I’ve been through horrible relationships, but unfortunately I still believe in love and I think you should protect your heart and stuff like that, but I am a hopeless romantic. I believe in love.”
The singer’s 55-hour Las Vegas marriage to childhood friend Jason Alexander ended with an annulment in 2004, and she then married Kevin Federline welcoming two children before divorcing in 2006.
She was also engaged to talent agent Jason Trawick from 2011-13.Despite failed marriages and engagements, Spears still hopes to find lasting love and says old-fashioned courting is the way to her heart – like a trusty love song mix tape!
“I like cheesy,” she continued, in the interview. “I think cheesy is so sweet and nice.”
One place potential suitors won’t be able to woo Spears? Clubs!
The singer said despite being largely based in Las Vegas for her residency at Planet Hollywood, she avoids hitting up Sin City’s nightlife.“I’m very boring,” she said. “I’m 34 years old so I don’t really like clubs. My show is loud enough so when I go to clubs my ears are so sensitive that I just want to go run and hide somewhere! I’m not really a party animal. I like to work out, I like a routine and I’m kinda simple.”
“I eat almost the same thing every day -- Caesar salad -- and I’m pretty healthy,” she continued. “There are fun places and things to do in Vegas, but it’s not really my thing. I’m not a party hearty girl.”Britney Spears must not have been much of a Taylor Swift fan when she met the "Shake It Off" singer.
During Monday's interview on the Kyle and Jackie O radio show, the 34-year-old pop princess was asked, "Who would you rather sit next to on a 24-hour flight to Sydney: Taylor Swift or Katy Perry?"
"I don't know. That's hard," Spears answered. "They're both so cool. I don't know.""Do you know or do you have a friendship with either [of them]?" the Australian radio DJ's inquired. "I briefly met Katy Perry at the Smurfs movie premiere [in 2013] and I met her there really quick," Spears replied.
The singer, however, couldn't recall meeting Swift. "So maybe because I've met Katy Perry, I would say Taylor Swift because I've never met her before," she answered.
Spears may not remember, but she's actually met the 26-year-old singer twice. It turns out the two not only posed for a photo at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards, but the Twitterverse, upon hearing Spears' claim of never having crossed paths with Swift, also managed to dig up a pic reportedly taken in 2003 of the ladies.Funny enough, Ed O'Neill revealed in June that he did not recognize Spears when they first met. "I was flying alone to Hawaii. I was waiting for my flight to board," the Modern Family star recalled on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. "They told me the flight was boarding and I picked up -- that’s a little Modern Family hat. I saw a woman approaching me so I just flopped it on, you know, I was leaving. She came up and said, 'Oh, Mr. O'Neill, I love Modern Family, and you're my favorite on the show.' And I was like, 'Well, I'm here, I'm the only one here.'"
"So the next day my manager texts me and goes, 'What is this? 53,000 likes. It's Britney Spears,'" he exclaimed. "I mean, look at the look on my face -- do I look like I'm sitting with Britney Spears?"

Post a Comment